Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's been a crazy week (as you've no doubt noticed by my conspicous absence here) and I'm just getting back to my so-called normal routines. Nothing exciting of course, just massive piles o' stuff to deal with.

This is a few days early, but as I still have more piles o' stuff, I wanted to make sure I got it posted in time.

Happy Mothers Day... to all the mothers; the almost mothers, the mothers-in waiting, and the loss-filled mothers, the grieving mothers, the forgotten mothers.

For the mothers of multiples, and of singles; of tiny babies, and of big chubby wonders.

For those who live in the NICU or the PICU; for those who are dealing with the terrifying reality of a sick child.

For those of you who have lost a child through any circumstance, whether it was moments after you found out you were pg, or whether your child was a senior citizen; whether your loss was yesterday or 50 years ago.

For those of you who desperately want to be a mother, and cannot; whether it's your first or your fifteenth that you are trying for.

For those of you who are currently expecting or cradling that new babe in your arms.

For those whose child is in the terrible twos, or the equally terrible teens.

For those of you whose children are leaving the nest, or have come back home to roost for a time.

For those of you who have adopted a child, and for those who have fostered a child and given them a safe place to be for a time. For those of you who have given up your child.

For those of you who are single Moms, and those who feel like you are.

For those of you who have made difficult decisions, and done what's best for the sake of your kids.

For the mother-in-laws who have shared their children with another person.

We are the tribe of mothers and this is our day. Some will be pampered or given gifts made by small hands... cards held together with massive amounts of glitter and glue. Some will be ignored or worse. Some will not even be acknowledged as belonging. It doesn't matter. Take this day and make it your own. Give yourself a moment and hold your children dear in your heart.


To all of you I say Namaste*





* there are several different interpretations of the word namaste; these are 2 of my favourites:

I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that
place in me, we are One.


The light within me honours the light that is within you and wishes you peace.

2 comments:

Sweet Words!